For nearly a century the Rothschild Family has brought style and grace to the greens. In the late 1920s, Baroness Maurice de Rothschild built a golf course in the magnificent resort town of Megève, at the Domaine du Mont d'Arbois. The 18-hole mountain course designed by Henry Cotton is highly sought after by major amateur and professional players who gather each year for the Green Velvet, the Pro-Am tournament that has become a not-to-be-missed event on the French golfing scene.
To proudly represent the colors of the Club, the Edmond de Rothschild Group supports talented players who share common values – including performance, achievement and the pursuit of excellence:
- Raphaël Jacquelin: No. 2 in France, ranked 28th in Europe; won the Sicily Open in March 2011.
- Grégory Havret: No. 3 in France, ranked 36th in Europe; secured a very fine 2nd place at the 2010 U.S. Open and competed in 2011 at the U.S. Masters in Augusta, Georgia.
- Alexandre Kaleka: a young hopeful who has joined the ranks of the pros and now competes in the European Tour.
- Julien Clément: No. 1 in the Swiss rankings and in the hearts of the Swiss.
- Daniel Vancsik: a promising Argentinian player.
It's time to grab your clubs and share our love of golf!